This is a 20+ lesson, 10 week, step by step course that breaks down the fundamentals of accurate drawing. I designed this course for beginning as well as advanced artists who want a thorough progression in drawing using graphite. Each lesson is broken down into a concise video format with demonstrations, assignments, personal feedback from me and a private Facebook group page to share your work with others. The subject matter is based on nature but can be applied to other forms of realistic subject matters.
How the course works
- There are 20 lessons given over a period of 10 weeks. Each week you will have 1 to 4 videos to watch at your leisure. You can review them, stop and start them as well as repeat them as much as you like. There are assigments for you to do after each lesson.
- Each week a new series of videos will be posted on Wednesday mornings at approximately 10:00 am EST.
- The lessons are posted on a private tab on my website to the participants in the class and is password protected. If you lose the password, don’t worry! Email me and I will send it to you again!
- Each lesson will have the videos and additional workbook pages for you to print out from your home computer, or view on your computer screen or iPad.
- Each lesson remains on the site after posting — so that by the tenth week, all 20 lessons will be posted beginning with the most recent. Earlier lessons are still posted, you simply scroll down the page.
Click here for a detailed Class Outline of what is covered in this class.
How much time do I have to finish the course?
The class is for 10 consecutive weeks. Lessons are uploaded in a progressive manner. After the 10 weeks is complete you have 2 months to complete the assignments after the last lesson is posted.
Do I have to start the class on the start date?
This course is designed so you can work at your own pace. I highly recommend you work in the order the lessons appear, rather than jumping around. The lessons are designed as building blocks and you will make the best progress if you work in sequence. If you are not able to start the class on the start date you can start later. You have 8 weeks after the last lesson to complete the course work. All videos are available 24/7. This way if you are going on vacation or get busy with life, you still have plenty of time to get it all done!
Can I get feedback on assignments?
As complete assignments are completed, I can provide feedback via private email. You will need to either take a digital photo or scan your work and send it to me in the form of a .jpeg at: Mlighthipe@mac.com make sure you LABEL Subject Line: Drawing Foundation Feedback
Can I ask questions?
Yes! I want you to feel confident in what you are learning and welcome questions. If there is something confusing you or you don’t understand something please feel free to contact me with your questions at: Mlighthipe@mac.com make sure you LABEL Subject Line: Drawing Foundation Question
Is there a way to connect with other people taking the course?
Yes! I believe it is awesome to share, nuture and support one another while going through this process. Communicating and sharing your work with others will make the experience extra special. There is a private facebook group just for people enrolled in this class. A link will be sent one week prior to the class so you can join.
Do I have to post my work on Facebook?
It is not mandatory for you to participate. The group is a closed group and only people enrolled in the class will see your posts. I encourage people to participate because it is super fun to see what everyone else is up to. You can even just look at the posts and not post anything if you are feeling shy.
How much time should I plan to devote to assignments per week?
It is entirely up to you how much time you can spend per week drawing. I know for many of us there is never enough time in a day! The class will become more complex as each skill builds from the previous lesson. I recommend to get the most out of the class that you devote between 1-5 hours a week drawing. Remember that you have almost 4 months to do the class. You can review any of the lessons during that time.