The Wonderful World of Watercolor
New Session starts June 14, 2017 to August 30, 2017. Class content comes down on October 25, 2017.
This is a 20+ lesson, 12 week, step by step course that breaks down the fundamentals demystifying watercolor painting. I designed this course for beginning as well as advanced artists who want a thorough progression of how to paint in watercolor. Emphasis is on understanding the proper handling of the paint to achieve certain desired effects. Concise recipes for consistent color mixing are provided in each lesson. Each lesson is broken down into a concise video format with demonstrations, assignments, personal feedback from me and a private Facebook group page to share your work with others. The subject matter is based on nature but can be applied to other forms of realistic subject matters.
How the course works
- There are 20 lessons given over a period of 12 weeks. Each week you will have 1 to 4 videos to watch at your leisure. You can review them, stop and start them as well as repeat them as much as you like. There are assigments for you to do after each lesson.
- Each week a new series of videos will be posted on Wednesday mornings, starting with June 14, 2017 at approximately 10:00 am EST.
- The lessons are posted on a private tab on my website to the participants in the class and is password protected. If you lose the password, don’t worry! Email me and I will send it to you again!
- Each lesson will have the videos and additional workbook pages for you to print out from your home computer, or view on your computer screen or iPad.
- Each lesson remains on the site after posting — so that by the twelvth week, all 20 lessons will be posted beginning with the most recent. Earlier lessons are still posted, you simply scroll down the page.
Click here for a detailed Class Outline of what is covered in this class.
How much time do I have to finish the course?
The class starts for 10 consecutive weeks on June 14, 2017 and runs until August 30, 2017 in a progressive manner. The class ends: October 25, 2017. This gives you 2 months after the last lesson is posted. All lessons remain up on the site until October 25, 2017.
Do I have to start the class on June 14, 2017?
This course is designed so you can work at your own pace. I highly recommend you work in the order the lessons appear, rather than jumping around. The lessons are designed as building blocks and you will make the best progress if you work in sequence.
Can I get feedback on assignments?
As complete assignments are completed, I can provide feedback via private email. You will need to either take a digital photo or scan your work and send it to me in the form of a .jpeg at: Mlighthipe@mac.com make sure you LABEL Subject Line: Watercolor Feedback
Can I ask questions?
Yes! I want you to feel confident in what you are learning and welcome questions. If there is something confusing you or you don’t understand something please feel free to contact me Watercolor Question
Is there a way to connect with other people taking the course?
Yes! I believe it is awesome to share, nuture and support one another while going through this process. Communicating and sharing your work with others will make the experience extra special. There is a private facebook group just for people enrolled in this class. A link will be sent one week prior to the class so you can join.
Do I have to post my work on Facebook?
It is not mandatory for you to participate. The group is a closed group and only people enrolled in the class will see your posts. I encourage people to participate because it is super fun to see what everyone else is up to. You can even just look at the posts and not post anything if you are feeling shy.
How much time should I plan to devote to assignments per week?
It is entirely up to you how much time you can spend per week drawing. I know for many of us there is never enough time in a day! The class will become more complex as each skill builds from the previous lesson. I recommend to get the most out of the class that you devote between 1-5 hours a week drawing. Remember that you have almost 4 months to do the class. You can review any of the lessons during that time.